Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Etching

I just found a fun blog that I am totally loving on right now. It's called theidearoom.blogspot.com and it has such fun ideas for almost everything. I found this one and just fell in love, so I decided to try. It sounds so easy (and it is, once you get the hang of it...)
I got all the materials at Michaels (except the contact paper...that was from the Dollar Tree). I got the idea because Becca is leaving to go back to Idaho and I wanted to make her a going away present. I thought she could put this on her desk and think of home sometimes. I forgot to take pictures while I was doing it, AND I didn't get pictures of Becca's finished present. So you'll have to make due with pictures of my practicing...I made Becca's on a similar jar as this one, except smaller. And the final product on this one is one letter on each side (C, &, G, E to make like "Clint and Gillian Erdman) and I just put a "B" on one side for Becca.
This has proven to be a pretty fun and fairly easy project, one that I want to continue to do. I didn't think I had this creative streak in me...

2 comments:

Elle said...

i like it!!! that's a good idea! we have all these glass things that we don't use. you get crafty you little wife you!

Clint and Gillian said...

I know, its so much fun and sooo easy too! Takes no time at all, you should try it! :)