Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

First Day

Today was my first day at my "new job"! It was such a loooong day (I got there at 7:30 this morning and didn't leave until about 6:15 pm) but it was so productive. The best part about it was that the girl training me is one of my best friends, Michelle, so we got to spend the whole day together. And we live very close to each other so we are car pooling this whole week because we are working the exact same schedule all week. So that is so helpful with gas and everything. It was fun to talk over the day with someone who actually understands! (unlike my husband...who listens for about a second and then tunes me out. That's love, I'll tell ya!)

It was very overwhelming because on top of learning a new job, we also have a new store manager, with new ways of doing everything. I had a meeting with her this morning that lasted almost two hours going over most of the things that are expected of me in this position. It was definitely eye opening, but totally fun to learn all this new stuff! I am so excited, but incredibly nervous that I'm just going to screw everything up! Thank goodness Michelle is here for the rest of the week so at least I'll have an idea about what I am doing daily! I am so excited!

Clint also started his new school this morning. He is going to Laurus College for Web Design and he is very excited. He goes Monday through Thursday, 8-10 am. This will last about 18 months, so hopefully he won't get burned out and will be able to finish well. I am so proud of him for wanting to do this, for actually getting his butt in gear and doing it, and for still holding down a job to help support the family! What a great husband, I definitely married a winner!!! :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Awesome! What;s your "new job" title? Are you at the same store??

Clint and Gillian said...

I am Customer Service Trainer for the store...I have my own desk and everything!!! :) And yes, I am still in the same store.

Jay and Lindy said...

GiGi you are so funny! I cracked up when you said that Clint only listens to you for about a min. and then tunes you out. HAHA! Congrats at FINALLY moving up! If anyone deserves it, it's you! Hope it ends out being a great position for you. Good luck!
P.S. Happy late anniversary! :)