Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Recipe TUESDAYS

I'm going to follow in Leighanne's footsteps (and hopefully keep this going for LONGER!!! Haha) and start doing Recipe Tuesdays. Yes, I should REALLY follow her and do Recipe Mondays...but it's Tuesday and I'm going to start today.
For my first recipe, its actually an old favorite of my family's. My mom likes to call it "Poor Man's Stroganoff." It's so good, here we go:

*serves about 4* (leftovers!!!!)
1 lb ground beef
1 family size can of cream of mushroom soup
any kind of noodles: Clint likes the big shells, I like egg noodles (those good curly ones!)
a spoonful of sour cream

Brown the meat and drain the excess fat. Put back into the same pan (I use a jumbo chef pan so I can mix it all in there)
At the same time, start cooking up the noodles as normal. Drain when done.
When the meat is done, put the whole can of cream of mushroom soup in with the meat. Cook that up until hot, but don't let it boil. About five minutes before you are ready to serve, mix the sour cream in. Serve over the noodles.

You can also use rice, but I don't like it with Poor Man's Stroganoff. I tend to only like it with regular stroganoff, which is the same recipe except instead of ground beef you would use slices of, for example, a round roast. That tastes better with rice. And I would put up a picture, but the only pictures I can find don't make this recipe look appetizing, which it most definitely is! Super simple and quick meal. It takes no more than about 20 minutes to make it all. And so delicious. ENJOY

1 comment:

Elle said...

haha! i hope you do it for longer too... i should start that up again. i love this one too!! aw! you're becoming a lil' wifey! ;)