Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Super Simple Recipe

Clint and I have been on a bit of a health kick lately...mostly because we kind of examined what we eat on a daily basis and realized how much junk we do eat! SO we decided to try to eat healthy, and one of our new favorite things is to make salads. We've spent some time making up different ones, but the one that has stuck, the one that he asks me to make almost every day is my own version of a Chef's Salad. Very simple and you can add just about anything else you want to it.

Salad greens (we use a bag from the store of Spring Mix Salad Greens)
Turkey and ham, sliced up
Cheese (I like to put in two kinds, cheddar and mozzarella), cubed into tiny bite sized pieces
Tomato
--and this is where can get creative--
I sometimes will add cut up broccoli, avocado, kidney beans...pretty much anything that is in the house that sounds good. The best part about a salad is that its so easy to pick out the stuff you don't like, and just eat the stuff you do. We top it with whatever dressing we like (Ranch for me, Balsamic Vineagrette for him) and just enjoy.
I love making this because it takes so little time and tastes so good!

1 comment:

Sara said...

we love salads too! The possibilities are endless.