Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 3, 2009

Organization

I've been trying sooo hard for...well, as long as we've been married (2 months on Monday!!!) and even a little before then, as I was moving in, to get this place organized. I put it off with the thought of the wedding reception/open house because I knew (well, THOUGHT) that we'd be getting a ton of gifts. Thus, my mess. (No pictures...you guys REALLY don't want to see our messes!!) The past week or so, on my days off, I've been scouring online and in stores to find the best kinds of organization I can find, and also the least expensive. We haven't even decorated yet...this is getting ridiculous!

TODAY, however, I finally just did something. Something small, but something HUGE in my mind! I went to my work today (Bed Bath and Beyond) and used some of my gift card money to buy some storage cubes. They are lovely. I got two boxes of them, so I now have 8 cubes to work with. I am so loving them already!


Along with it, I got a couple of storage totes:
And so now I am so much more organized. I can actually see the floor of our bedroom, which is a major plus! We now need to focus on decorating. I got some wonderful frames from our wedding, which I've put some lovely pictures from the wedding into...they are in our hall closet right now. We have literally no table/counter space to put them on to. So that is where they will lay until I can get what I need to put them up...i.e. a HAMMER. And nails. And a husband that wants to/has time to help. (I love you Clint!) I have some ideas about what I want to do, how I want to decorate. But I just REALLY need to get my booty in gear and DO SOMETHING! I want to get some cute decorative shelfs to hang in the living room, you know to put like a candle, maybe a picture frame on. I found a couple from Bed Bath that I am interested in...here are the two choices that I have. The problem is...they don't really match as far as decor, so I don't think I can get both.


So boxes...or shelfs. I don't know. HELP ME, I'm so lame when it comes to decorating!

4 comments:

Jamie Pearson said...

Oh man i know how you are feeling. We are still trying to get things organized and my living room is really not decorated at all and is driving me crazy. Just take one step at a time thats all i can say. I've also become a fan at looking at thrift stores for unique things that i can decorate with. If you talk to my dad I'm sure he can find you something great out of the dumpster next to his house. He really has found some amazing things from it. Good luck with your organizing

Sara said...

I {LOVE} decorating. My problem is not time or want, or lack of ideas. It has to do with the cost. Bummer how that has to be factored in. ;)
I have those floating shelves. I {HEART} them so much because you are not limited to the height of something you are going to place on them. So a frame, candle, figurine, etc.
The boxes look cool, but I would not know what to put in them that would compliment the square shape.
And when you do get some decorating done - post pictures!!

Love ya!

Clint and Gillian said...

Thank you thank you thank you both so much for the great ideas! I will definitely post pictures once I figure out what to do...and I agree Sara, I like the shelf look better! Thanks love you both!

Katie and Seth said...

Hey Gigi,
I love the shelves as well!! I too am struggling with ideas to decorate. Let me know what you decide. Also congrats on the wedding!! You and Clint are so cute together!! I am glad to see how happy you are!!