Thursday, August 2, 2012

Another ginormas catch up...

Well, seeing as it's been over a year since I last posted...I think it's high time I get back on here and update my faithful readers (all zero of you at this point, huh?) on what has been happening in the Erdman household.

Last we left, Clint and I had just moved into a cute little apartment in San Luis.  This was the closest we have come to Clint's dream of living in downtown SLO.  This place turned out to be...not so great.  It was close to the airport on Broad, so very busy.  Also, right behind us was the creek, so we had the HUGEST problem with fleas attacking Chase every single day.  We have spent so much money, time, flea shampoo, etc. to get rid of those damn things.  Everytime we thought they were gone, it was like they had just decided to take a nap to get more energy to come back with a venegence.  It was fun.  Not.  It was also super small - we had no privacy from each other, and that is crucial.  As much as I love my husband, he certainly can annoy the crap outta me and I sure did not have a place to go to be alone. 

We were at this place for just under a year.  I think I was ready to leave after about 6 months, but it wasn't the right time.  In March of this year I was told that I was being transfered to the Paso Robles Bed Bath and Beyond to be a "keyholding department manager" which is a step up from just a regular department manager, but not quite a senior manager.  I am in charge of the hardside departments (kitchen stuff, cleaning stuff, home decor, organization, etc) and pretty much do everything a senior does.  I can open and close the building and make decisions like other seniors do.  Hopefully soon I will become a senior though.  So, when I got the promotion and transfer, Clint and I really sat down and started trying to figure out what we were going to do.  Should we stay in SLO or move up over the grade?  For those who don't know, Paso Robles is about 35 miles north of San Luis.  I happened to live on the very south end of SLO and would now be working on the very north end of Paso.  Super.  I know, I know...35 miles is not that far of a drive, but for I hated that drive.  We decided that we wanted to move a little bit closer to Paso.  When we first were married, we live in Atascadero and didn't really like it all that much.  We decided to try Atascadero again, and hope for the best.  We found a place right off the bat and really liked it.  It was a two bedroom one bath apartment in the middle of Atascadero.  It had its own garage and a swimming pool on the premises.  Sweet deal, right?  We said that we would move in to the place in two weeks, had the lease with our names on it and were about to sign when we got a call from the landlord.  He said that he had another couple interested and able to move in there in 3 days...could we possibly come up with almost 2 grand in about 3 days?  Ummm...thanks a lot a-hole.  So that was a scrap.  We spent the next two weeks SCRAMBLING (see, when we thought we were moving into the apartment, we told our current landlord we'd be out in two weeks; the next day we got the lovely call from that jerk) to find a place to live.  We found a cute little house...yes a house!  It had JUST gone up on craigslist, so Clint called and set up an appointment for the next day.  We went and FELL IN LOVE with this place.  It's a two bed, two bath house with a small patch of a front yard and a cute backyard.  Uhhh yes please!  We immediately put in our app and hoped for the best.  We moved all our crap into storage and moved into Clint's sister's house for the time being.  We thought we would be there for about 3 weeks, but we found out on the 2nd day of being there that we were approved for the house and the current tenants would be moving out that weekend.  We were at Clint's sister's place for just over a week and then we were able to move into our CUTE HOUSE!  I would post pictures, but there are on my phone and I still can't figure out how to upload to my computer...I'm so lame I know.

So here we are now, sitting comfortably in our cute house, two full bedrooms and baths.  I have privacy! Yahoo!  We have been in the house since the end of June and are loving it.  I love have central air conditioning (this summer heat is harsh), a door on my bedroom to shut (some of you will know what I mean!), and a full size oven. :)

Clint has been plugging away at his schooling and (thank GOODNESS) he's almost done.  He's been going to school for about 2 years now and is certainly ready to be done (as am I).  Hopefully, he'll be able to get a job right away; that way maybe we can start thinking about having a baby...*fingers crossed*

Chase is still being our cutie little pup!  He's 4 and a half now, so I can hardly still call him a pup but he sure does look like it still!  Clint and I always talk about how LUCKY we are to have gotten such a great dog.  He's like a little kid so I find it great "mommy practice" but that doesn't mean that I'm set - I still want to be an actual mom someday!

Well, I think that's about far as the big stuff anyway.  We are still happy and healthy and more in love with each other than ever.   Hope you all have a great day! :)


The Jensens said...

Yay on the house :-) I totally understand about privacy too. Sounds like things are going well!

Austin and Jennifer said...

Glad to hear it is all going well!! We thought Bella would be a good prep for having a baby too.. ha.. Bella slept through the night after 3 days.. Gianna took a year and a half! But totally worth it :)