Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

What a day today is going to be. First of all, it is my first day off since last Tuesday...yes, I worked 8 stinkin' days in a row. My feet hurt, my legs ache, my back is absolutely killing me. So I finally get a day off. Here was my plan for the day:
-Sleep in
-Clean the house
-Get a few things at the grocery store
-Take Chase to dog park
-RELAX

Here's my NEW plan for the day:
-Sleep until 730 and get woken up by a crazy dog scratching at the door
-Open the door to have him jump on my face
-Try to get more sleep, but are denied this because of said dog
-Get trapped in my own home...

So I have a crazy dog, and thats all there really is to it.

As far as me getting trapped in my home...here's the deal. My apartment complex is getting repainted or touched up or something. For the past three or four days they have been working on MY building, which is like four apartments. Chase is absolutely TERRIFIED of these guys for whatever reason. Okay, they are making quite a bit of noise (normal, I suppose) as they are literally right outside our windows and on our roof (we are on the 2nd and top floor). So I try to lay in bed as long as I can to get the most out of my relaxing time. Chase is laying on a pillow, which has been made into a time out pillow for all the barking he is doing at these painters. At about 10:15 there is a knock at my door. I go to answer it and there is one of the painters there, who informs me that they will be spraying now, which means they will be closing off my door...my only exit to the outside world.
"How long is this going to be? When will I be able to leave?"
"It's going to be all day, ma'am. I'd say around 4 or so."

..................what?

So now I am here...trying to figure out how to do anything now that all my motivation for a good day is gone. Chase is locked in the bedroom because he kept barking and now thats all he is doing. He's really into the howling bark...its quite lovely. So I guess its MOVIES all day long...I'm already looking forward to work tomorrow.

1 comment:

Austin and Jennifer said...

I can't believe they could actually block you in all day! That is horrible! I hope you got some good movie watching in!