Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 11, 2009

Can anyone tell me...

This is when he was littler...he's probably double in size now, and doesn't fit in the sink anymore!

...why when after a bath, the dog must run around at lightening speed, then rub his face all over the carpet, the couch, basically anything around? It's so weird, but every time I give Chase a bath, this is what happens. First of all, he hates bath time. Absolutely hates it with a passion. It's completely an uphill battle that I regret doing as soon as I start it. He is so ornery about it that I have to actually get INTO the tub with him so that he will feel a bit more comfortable. If I am outside the tub, he will run to the opposite side of the faucet and growl at me if I try to get near. But if I'm IN the tub, it's a little better. He still thrashes around (today he was trying so hard to get away that the poor little guy slipped and went sliding around...I laughed...good mom, I know.) but I finally get him all cleaned up and rinsed off and partially dry, and he just takes off out of the bathroom and whips around the apartment like a madman. Its so funny!
On a lighter note, Clint and I let him attack his next challenge...a giant rawhide. This thing is MASSIVE. Thanks to Megan and Drew for that Christmas present. The funny thing about that is Megan and Drew bought rawhides for all of the dogs in the family (Chase, Buddy - Mom's dog, and Kelsey - Ben and Caitlin's dog), and Chase ended up with all of them. Both Buddy and Kelsey get a real mean streak in them when they get rawhides, and Chase doesn't, so he got all of them. So we are slowly making out way through the teeny ones from Buddy, the regular size ones that were his, and finally the ginormous one from Kelsey.

Its almost as long as his whole body. He'll just sit on his bed at night while we're watching TV and chew. It's so funny...it's been about 2 weeks or so since we gave it to him (this picture was a day or so after we gave it to him) and he still has sooo much left. Dogs are so silly.

Just one more picture...how can you not love this little bug???

2 comments:

Austin and Jennifer said...

He is so cute! Our Bella hates the bath too and if you say to her "want to take a bath" she automatically knows and tries to look super cute and hide so that she doesn't have to go in! And the same thing you deal with.. after the bath she is tearing around the house like she needs to collect all of the dirt in the place since we just washed all of hers off!

Sara said...

HAH! My parents' dogs did this ALL THE TIME. My mom hated it. And it sucked for us when they got outside right after a bath. They would roll around in the dirt and get muddy and we would have to bathe them AGAIN. ;) They were like little crazy tazmanian devils after baths trying to get their dog smell back on them.
So funny! Thanks for sharing.