Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Our Weekend

We had the best weekend ever! And I call it a weekend because it was continuous days off, which I NEVER get off from work, so thats a weekend for me. Clint has this whole week off from school, so we decided to get some days off of both of our works and go to Disneyland for a couple days!! Oh it was amazing...well, for the most part!

We left on Sunday after church and drove down to Ventura. My best friends live down there, so we stayed the night with them. Elvin barbequed up some tri-tip, made corn on the cob, salad, potatoes, the whole nine yards for dinner. It was absolutely DELICIOUS! Then, we spent the rest of the night watching movies and playing Wii. SO MUCH FUN! I have heard from just about EVERYONE that playing Wii makes your muscles and arms and legs and everything so sore and tired, and all I would think is, "Yeah, right! You guys are just out of shape, this would never happen me." Boy, was I wrong. I'm still hurting, and its 2 solid days later!

Anyway, we wake up early the next morning and leave their house by about 8 to make the rest of the drive down to Anaheim. We get to about Camarillo, right before the grade up to Thousand Oaks, when it hits me. And I mean it HITS me hard! Yes, ladies, I got that wonderful thing that Mother Nature likes to torture us with. HOWEVER, I didn't start THAT quite yet. Nope, I got the cramps. Now if anyone REALLY knows me, you'll know just how bad they are. On a good month, I will be knocked out for a couple hours, just curled up in a ball wishing I could die. Yes, I did say a GOOD month. This was an okay month. I think the vibrations of the car and my sweet husband holding my hand and rubbing what he could of my shoulders helped me to deal as best as I could.

So we arrive in Anaheim and get off at whatever exit you take that basically puts you at Disneyland's front door. To our right is a gas station. We are in the far left lane that you can only turn left in. Clint is furiously trying to figure out a way to get over to that gas station because my face is rapidly turning green and there is no where to throw up! Except...in the Jack In The Box bag from our "breakfast" that morning. Which I did...over and over again while that BLASTED light never changed. We are finally able to make it to the gas station a few minutes later (gross part: bag is completely soaked through, seeping down my hands onto my pants...yuck!), go to the outside bathroom, wait for what seemed like an eternity while lame people were in front of me taking their sweet time, during which I threw up again in the bushes. Nice. We leave there and drive around trying to find a store to buy Midol and tampons (yes, forgot both. I am a genius). While I am changing my pants in the store, Clint is calling our hotel for directions and the possibility of checking in early, which they did let us do.

We get to the hotel and Clint goes in to check in, while I am still in the car crying from the pain. He comes out and helps me inside the lobby to the elevator, which of course, takes about 5 million hours to open up, and I have to throw up again in the lobby trash can. I am a mess at this point and don't care who sees me. (The only other person was the receptionist guy, who tells me he'll send up some trash cans to my room. Thanks.)

Anyway, long story short, I start to feel better (few more rounds of hugging the porcelain god, a relaxing - somewhat - bath, and a nap) around 4. I literally jump up and say to my wonderful husband, "Can we go to Disneyland now?" My only thoughts the entire day (besides, "Oh crap, where's the toilet?!") were that I couldn't believe I was ruining this for us! We had planned on spending two solid days at Disneyland/CA Adventure, and look what I was doing? So we get ready to go and get over to Disneyland (about a 10 minute walk from our hotel) at aobut 430. We started out with The Haunted Mansion (my favorite!), then Tom Sawyer's Island, and Pirates. We did a couple more little rides, wandered around a bit, and basically just had a good day. Our friends, the Hickman's, were there too, so we met up with them and hung out for a few minutes. We called it a day at around 830, and just went back to the hotel.

The next morning we were up and ready to go super early. We got to the park at about 830 and waited in line for them to open up. As soon as we got in, we booked it to Finding Nemo's Submarine thing. That was so much fun! I'd been on the old Submarine ride years ago, but this one exceeded both our expectations! It was a total blast! After Space Mountain (by myself, Clint's not big on rollercoasters), we decided to head over to CA Adventure. I'd been there once myself a couple years ago, but Clint has never been. I had forgotten how cool it was! We hit Soarin' Over California first, which Clint LOVED! And then we went on the River Rafting ride. It was about 11 or so at this point, so it was nice and hot. We got soaked on this ride, which was awesome because it was cold water, and it felt GREAT!

We only stayed until about 230 this afternoon, then headed for home. We wanted to miss the traffic and since both of us have to work tomorrow, we wanted to be well rested and back in our own bed. Pictures will be coming soon; we didn't take many but we got some cool ones! All in all, it was a successful and super fun weekend for us! And Clint even wants to go back for more! Who can blame him, its the Happiest Place On Earth!!!

No comments: